Friday, March 27, 2009

Apologia Planning

Reasons to pay attention to this novel and author:

  • the novel is historically accurate, time line with everything that occurs in the novel is on track

  • her writing style is beautiful as it is very poetic and the imagery used is unbelievable

  • the development of characters within this novel are perfect for the story because they are believable

  • the conflict that the characters witness is relateable as people often go through nearly the same events

I want to get across in this that when I read this book, I felt like I was there. I felt Gwen Davis's emotions whenever she approached a situation. The effect the war had on the girls, and soldiers a like, was heartbreaking. This book should be considered a great Canadian novel for these points alone, and I will discuss them further in the actual Apologia.

No comments:

Post a Comment